Tribefy respects your Privacy and we are commited to protecting your personal data.
• Understand what information we collect and how we collect, share, and use the information; and
• Make informed decisions when using the Services provided by Tribefy through its mobile application available on Google Play Store and Apple App Store (the “App”) and related services (collectively, such Services, including any new features and the App, defined as the “Service(s)”).
When you use the Service, we collect information that relates to or could reasonably be associated with you (“personal data”) directly from you and automatically through our Service in order to provide our Services to you.
When you sign up for our Service, we collect a username, your name, phone number, birthdate, and gender.
We request access to your Camera Roll and collect your photos when you a) upload profile pictures, b) attach a photo to a comment, or c) attach a photo to a private message to a user.
During the signup process, we collect demographic information about you, such as your age and date of birth. This information is required for users to be included and receive broadcast messages filtered by age and gender.
We collect the date you created your account, the dates you’ve logged into your account, the date you last accessed your account, and the dates you logged out of your account.We use 3rd party Services (e.g. Google Analytics) that collect your IP address, information about the mobile device you are using to access our Services, and details of how and when you’ve interacted with our Services.
When you use our App and experience an error, we collect information about your mobile device to help us better diagnose the issue. We send this data to a third party error reporting service called Sentry (sentry.io) Sentry collects information about user’s devices such as operating system version, phone type (android/ios), and the phone’s model number to help us better detect the source of issues and to provide a more stable experience for users.
Tribefy collects user location data so that it can show users events happening around them. Tribefy requires Location permissions to work and highly recommends settings be set to “Always” so that the location Tribefy uses is accurate, even when the App is closed.
Tribefy uses your location so that friends and other users on the app that you are connected to can:
• Invite you to events nearby
• See your approximate distance to them
• Let you know when they are nearby and free to meet.
Tribefy does not store location data history - only your current location at the present moment. It does not allow access to your exact coordinates from other users on the service, only internally to facilitate the algorithms for the core usages of the app.
Tribefy will request access to your device’s contacts in the event that you wish to invite users to the service. We do not store these contacts in our service. We do not message any of these users. The app provides an interface whereby the user can send messages manually if they want in order to invite a few friends.
Tribefy does not store or collect any financial data from users.
We collect feedback from our customers via realtime in-app chat support.
Tribefy is a mobile application without a web interface. We do not store cookies.
We may use personal data to fulfill our contract with you, including to:
• Allow you to send broadcast messages to friends and other connected users within a certain radius to you.
• Allow your friends and other users nearby in your tribes to send you broadcast messages that are specifically relevant to you given the personal data you provided in the App, including your current location.
• Allow your friends and other users in your networks to alert you when they are nearby and free to meetup.
• Detect and diagnose bugs in the App.• Verify that the person trying to login is you and not someone else.
We also use personal data as necessary for the following legitimate business interests, including to:
• Understand how you are using our Services.
• Improve our Services.
• Measure and improve our marketing campaigns.
• Personalize our communication with you.
• Communicate with you as well as send you updates, surveys and communications about your activity on our Service such as large events happening nearby.
• Improve security.
• Troubleshoot and fix problems you may be experiencing, to improve the app experience and for legal and security compliance purposes.
We do not sell your personal data. In certain circumstances we may share the categories of personal data described above with the following categories of third parties without further notice to you, unless required by the law, as set forth below:
We may be required to disclose user information pursuant to lawful requests, such as subpoenas, law enforcement investigations, or court orders, or in compliance with applicable laws. We also may release information to protect our rights, property, or other interests, including those of our customers or other third parties or to prevent illegal activities or violations of the Tribefy Terms of Service. This may include sharing information with other companies, lawyers, agents, or government agencies.
If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, financing due diligence, reorganization, bankruptcy, receivership, sale of all or a portion of our assets, or transition of service to another provider (collectively a “Transaction”), your Personal Data and other information may be shared in the diligence process with counterparties and others assisting with the Transaction and transferred to a successor or affiliate after the Transaction.
We will only keep your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
In some circumstances we may anonymize your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
Tribefy is not intended to be used by users under the age of 18, and we do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from users under the age of 18.
You must be at least 18 years or older to register and use the Service. If you are under the age of 18, you must use an account created by a parent or guardian, and you must have the explicit permission of a parent or guardian to use the Service.In the event that we learn that we have collected personal data from a user under the age of 18 that does have explicit permission of a parent or guardian to use the Service, we will take appropriate steps to delete that information. If you become aware or believe that a minor without parental permission has provided us with personal data, please contact us throught the Help section in the App.We recommend that minors over the age of 13 ask their parents before sending any information about themselves to anyone over the internet.
Tribefy takes precautions to protect our users’ Personal data. Your account information is located on a secured server behind a firewall, and we utilize other physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect the security and confidentiality of the information we have collected and to prevent the unauthorized access to or disclosure of your information. However, no precautions are 100% effective. As a result, Tribefy does not guarantee that personal data you provide to us will remain secure. In the event we become aware that the security of the sites has been compromised or users' personal data has been disclosed to unrelated third parties as a result of external activity, including, but not limited to, security attacks or fraud, we reserve the right to take reasonably appropriate measures, including, but not limited to, investigation and reporting, as well as notification to and cooperation with data protection and law enforcement authorities.
All network traffic sent to and from Tribefy servers is encrypted and secured using industry-standard HTTPS technology. If you have any questions about the security of the App, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To correct errors in your personal data, access the setting menu in our App and make your corrections.
Where provided for by law and subject to any applicable exceptions, California residents may have the following rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”):
· To know the categories of personal data that Tribefy has collected about you, the business purpose for collecting your Personal Data, and the categories of sources from which the personal data was collected;
· To access the specific pieces of personal data that Tribefy has collected about you;
· To know whether Tribefy has disclosed your personal data for business purposes, the categories of personal data so disclosed, and the categories of third parties to whom we have disclosed your personal data;
· To have Tribefy, under certain circumstances, delete your personal data; and
· To be free from discrimination related to the exercise of these CCPA rights. If you would like to exercise any or all of these rights, you may do so by contacting us through the App’s Help section or reaching out to email@example.com. Your authorized agent may submit requests in the same manner.
Pursuant to the European Union General Data Protection Regulation (or GDPR), you have the following rights in relation to your Personal Data, under certain circumstances:
• Right of access: If you ask us, we will confirm whether we are processing your Personal Data and, if so, provide you with a copy of that Personal Data along with certain other details. If you require additional copies, we may need to charge a reasonable fee.
• Right to rectification: If your Personal Data is inaccurate or incomplete, you are entitled to ask that we correct or complete it. If we shared your Personal Data with others, we will tell them about the correction where possible. If you ask us, and where possible and lawful to do so, we will also tell you with whom we shared your Personal Data so you can contact them directly.
• Right to erasure: You may ask us to delete or remove your Personal Data, such as where you withdraw your consent. If we shared your data with others, we will tell them about the erasure where possible. If you ask us, and where possible and lawful to do so, we will also tell you with whom we shared your Personal Data with so you can contact them directly.
• Right to restrict processing: You may ask us to restrict or ‘block’ the processing of your Personal Data in certain circumstances, such as where you contest the accuracy of the data or object to us processing it (please read below for information on your right to object). We will tell you before we lift any restriction on processing. If we shared your Personal Data with others, we will tell them about the restriction where possible. If you ask us, and where possible and lawful to do so, we will also tell you with whom we shared your Personal Data so you can contact them directly.
• Right to data portability: You have the right to obtain your Personal Data from us that you consented to give us or that was provided to us as necessary in connection with our contract with you, and that is processed by automated means. We will give you your Personal Data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. You may reuse it elsewhere.
• Right to object: You may ask us at any time to stop processing your Personal Data, and we will do so:
◦ If we are relying on a legitimate interest to process your Personal Data—unless we demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing or we need to process your data in order to establish, exercise, or defend legal claims;
◦ If we are processing your Personal Data for direct marketing. We may keep minimum information about you in a suppression list in order to ensure your choices are respected in the future and to comply with data protection laws (such processing is necessary for our and your legitimate interest in pursuing the purposes described above);
• Right to withdraw consent: If we rely on your consent to process your Personal Data, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time. Withdrawal of consent will not affect any processing of your data before we received notice that you wished to withdraw consent.
• Right to lodge a complaint with the data protection authority: If you have a concern about our privacy practices, including the way we handled your Personal Data, you can report it to the data protection authority that is authorized to hear those concerns (in the UK, the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), who can be contacted at https://ico.org.uk/concerns, and in other EU countries the data protection authority of the country in which you are located).